
Unfortunately, my check for reality for this blog was kind of a downer. I kind of, maybe, forgot my passport... talk about a reality check. I am eternally in debt to my neighbor for driving it all the way to the airport. Thanks to her, I made my flight : ]
However, this was not with added difficulty. My bag was too heavy, security searched my luggage which resulted in the discarding of crunchy peanut butter, I had to check my carry on due to lack of room, and I sat next to a first time flyer. Despite all of this, the flights themselves were not that bad. Best of all - we had personal TVs for the flight to Madrid. If you ever need to know a quote from 21 Jump Street, let me know. I watched it 3 times due to my innate ability to fall asleep at the wrong time and the lack of a rewind button.


As soon as the flight touched down in Madrid, my world of firsts opened up. To begin with, Victoria and I managed to navigate the metro. All by ourselves. For those who have heard about last adventure in Spain, you should have gotten the correct impression that my three friends and I had absolutely no idea where we were at any given time and only made it back to the states alive thanks to my foreign exchange student, Amaia. Needless to say, this was a huge accomplishment. The hostel was more than I expected. With bar crawls every night,walking tours every morning, tapas on fridays, and paella nights on Saturdays, I wish we could have stayed longer. I did not have a chance to experience any of that, because I wanted to spend time with Amaia.


After a night of rest, the next day I again managed to find my way around and met Amaia at Plaza del sol in Madird. After eating lunch, visiting with her mother and sister, Sabera, we met up again at a very interesting bar/restaurant/market to watch the Spanish soccer (or rather, futbol), game. It was the experience of a lifetime. The crowd fed off of each other, creating one of the most amazing atmospheres I have been apart of. With new free blow up Spain hand and furry hat, Amaia, her friends, and I all celebrated the night away with the big win. I can't imagine what the semi finals are going to be like. We ended the night (or should I say morning) by going to a club called nuit. It was different than the ones from last year, but I had a great time singing and dancing to a mix of music from Wannabe to Maldito Alcohol.

Looking back, it was probably not a grand idea to come home when the metro opened up for the morning, but I wouldn't change any of it to see Amaia and all her friends. Sure I may be on an hour and half of rest, falling asleep while I am waiting for the bus to Salamanca, but it was well worth it. I hope I get a chance to visit her again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment